Who am I?
I'm Chris Paradies, a Florida Bar certified intellectual property Attorney and U.S. Reg. Patent Attorney, founder of Paradies® law and creator of the IPmasterclass Pilot. I chair the board of directors for the Tampa Bay Innovation Center and serve as a co.Starters facilitator, helping small business owners to get started right.
I work hard as an advocate for small businesses and have received awards and recognition for support of small business economic development and leadership in technology. I'm a West Point graduate, U.S. Army veteran and entrepreneur.
I give free IP advice at “Startup Exchange” meetups and am an author and speaker on small business innovation. As a co.Starters facilitator, I help artists and innovators to startup new business concepts. As a Christian, a husband and a father to two sons, I care about my community, state and nation. I want to help you own your small business, because small businesses are essential to our constitutional republic and liberty.
Education & Awards
I earned his bachelor of science degree at West Point, a Ph.D. in Materials Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and a law degree summa cum laude at the Jacob D. Fuchsberg Touro Law Center. I've worked as a visiting scientist in Norway, postdoc at Ecole Polytechnique in Switzerland, senior technical specialist at Northrop Grumman and as an IP attorney in New York City and Tampa, Florida.
I've been working and volunteering to help startups for many years. I received the 2014 Heroes at Work award from the Tampa Bay Business Journal, was selected as the Tampa Bay Region Volunteer of the Year Awardee in 2014 by the Florida Economic Development Council (FEDC), and was selected an Outstanding Leadership Finalist by Tampa Bay Technology (tbt). I chaired the Advanced Medicine & Human Performance Sector at the Tampa Bay Partnership and served as Vice Chair of tbt.
On instant messenger:
Chris Paradies Education & Experience
- West Point graduate, class of '82 & U.S. Army veteran
- Ph.D., Materials Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Visiting Scientist, NTH, Trondheim, Norway & Post-Doc, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Senior Technical Specialist, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- J.D., summa cum laude, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Touro Law Center
- U.S. registered patent attorney & Florida Bar certified intellectual property attorney
- IP Attorney at Kenyon & Kenyon; Ostolenk, Faber; & Fowler White Boggs P.A.
- CEO Paradies law & CEO Paradies IP Solutions, LLC
- Innovation expert & co.Starters facilitator helping new startup entrepreneurs
- Chair of the Tampa Bay Innovation Center small business incubator
- Chair of the Advanced Medicine & Human Performance Sector at the Tampa Bay Partnership
- Vice Chair of the Tampa Bay Technology Forum (now rebranded Tampa Bay Technology)
- Florida Economic Development Council Regional Volunteer of the Year 2014